Friday, August 12, 2011

cookie of the month club: classic chocolate chip


The Cookie of the Month Club was deplorably late in July. Shame on them. However, July was Classic Chocolate Chip (recipe from the back of the bag of chocolate chips) and they were delicious and so very worth the wait. 

(This is the my most favorite timer from Anthropologie. It's so cute I had to throw in a photo.)

The recipe is for Original Nestlé Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsel Cookies.

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour ***I usually do 1 1/4 cup white flour & 1 cup wheat flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter ***no wonder they taste so good!
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract ***I usually do 2 t
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts ***I never do this because my husband doesn't like nuts in his cookies

Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine flour, baking soda & salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar & vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. 
Makes about 5 dozen cookies ***I think my scooper is too big because I probably only get 3 or 4 dozen.

Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment