Friday, July 1, 2011

cookie of the month club: peanut butter


I got a good scare the other day because my husband texted me: "Think there is a mouse in the house."   Now I'm not afraid of mice, they just are gross especially in your house, so I told him to kill it. The next text said: "I think it got into the cookies." Which means that my husband was trying to blame shift why he had eaten half the batch of cookies I had just made. I was just relieved we didn't have a rodent infestation.

The cookie of the month for June is chewy peanut butter. This recipe comes again from my trusty old Pillsbury Family Cookbook-with my own variations of course. I really like the texture they came out with. Not too dense and pretty moist & chewy.
Ingredients:
2/3 c shortening or margarine, softened (I use 1/3 c butter & 1/3 c oil)
1/2 c peanut butter
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 T milk
1 t vanilla extract (I did 3 t vanilla)
1 1/2 c unsifted Pillsbury flour
1 t soda
1/2 t salt

Preheat oven to 375. In mixing bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Blend in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten balls with fork, forming crisscross pattern. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 36 cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment