Tuesday, May 3, 2011

hummingbirds


I have to admit, I haven't had time to do anything creative lately mostly due to a lack of inspiration and time. Mostly time. I did finally fill up and hang the new hummingbird feeder on the balcony though-does that count? Experts say that hummingbirds consume up to half their weight in sugar each day! It's recommended to use a simple syrup solution (leave out the red food coloring) as it is very similar to nectar from flowers. Below is the recipe I use to make my own hummingbird food.

Hummingbird Food Recipe:
1 part white sugar
4 parts water

Here are some fun sites that I have found in my search for inspiration: Designtripper (documents all kinds of fun artsy places to stay and eat), Christen Mattix (love the nest painting) and the Andean Collection (beautiful jewelry with great purpose).

No comments:

Post a Comment